The LCRC office will be closed from Wednesday July 3rd – Monday July 8th
- Clark Road – Will be paved today
- Millville Road – Hoping to pave today
- Lake Pleasant – Working on shoulders
- Millville/Oregon – Closed! Will be complete around the beginning of August.
- Bowers Road – Tree Cutting should start Wednesday. It will be closed between Lk George and *Lk Pleasant for thru traffic. Emergency vehicles can get through but will be delayed.
- Elba Road – No more work this week except by AT&T.
- John Conley Drive – Under construction, but open to traffic.
- Imlay City Road from Morris/Myers to Maple Grove Roads will be under construction starting this Tuesday, July 2, 2013. Detour signs will be placed during Monday, July 1st. The project will be open to traffic by August 12, 2013. The work will be completed by August 16, 2013.
- Merrill Rd will remain closed between Millington / Murphy Lake the water is not going down quick enough! Will check it out again on Monday!
On Friday 05-25-2012 at 11:04 AM, Lapeer County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to an injury traffic crash on Lake Pleasant Road south of Lum Road in Attica (Arcadia Township).
Alice McCoy age 69 from Imlay City was traveling south on Lake Pleasant Road driving a 2011 Dodge Avenger. McCoy crested a hill approaching another southbound vehicle that was traveling below the posted 55 MPH speed limit.
McCoy’s swerved to the left but contacted the rear driver’s corner of a 2010 GMC Terrain driven by Nancy Schodowski age 67 from Attica. McCoy continued across the center line and collided head on with a northbound 2004 Buick LeSabre driven by Robbert Ferguson age 45 from Attica.
McCoy was wearing her seat belt with her vehicle’s airbags deploying. CPR was administered on McCoy while she was transported to McLaren- Lapeer Region. McCoy died of injuries sustained upon arrival at McLaren- Lapeer Region.
Ferguson was transported to McLaren- Lapeer Region for non-life threatening injuries.
Schodowski declined medical treatment at the scene.
Preliminary investigation supports that neither alcohol nor excessive speed are a factor in this traffic crash. The Lapeer County Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by the Michigan State Police- Lapeer Regional Post.
Lake Pleasant Road was closed or partially restricted for approximately 2 ½ hours for rescue and investigative purposes. This traffic crash remains under investigation by the Lapeer County Sheriff’s Office.