Here are six safety tips on enjoying this Independence Day’s fireworks from the Michigan State Police.
- Read and follow all warning and instructions.
- Never allow children to play with fireworks of any kind.
- Wear protective clothing, including eye wear.
- Only light devices on smooth, flat surfaces away from residential areas, dry leaves and flammable materials.
- Always keep a hose or bucket of water nearby in case of malfunction.
- Never try to re-light fireworks that have not fully functioned.
The City of Lapeer Police Department has issued a traffic informational note:
For those people traveling to the Lapeer Chamber of Commerce Fireworks at Lapeer West High School please use the following guide for traveling to and from the event:
People using the South Parking Lot should travel northbound on Millville Road from Genesee Street. When the lot is full the road will be closed. When the event is over traffic will only be allowed to travel South on Millville Road.
This will also apply for people going to the Lutheran Church.
People using the grass North Parking Lot and North Paved Lot will be allowed to travel west on Oregon Street from M-24 and when that lot is full the road will be closed at Suncrest Dr. When the event is over Traffic will only be able to travel East on Oregon Street.
The intersection of Millville and Oregon is Closed to traffic and will remain that way for the safety of the motoring public.