FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2015
CONTACT: Diane Cross, MDOT Office of Communications, email@example.com
Monday, April 13, 2015
ESTIMATED END DATE:
M-24 will be reconstructed from Demille Road to Nepessing Street in the city of Lapeer and Lapeer Township as part of the second year in a two-year project.
In addition to road construction, the $17.5 million project also includes:
– storm and sanitary sewer,
– water main and hydrants,
– sidewalk and signal upgrades,
– curb and gutter replacement,
– shoulder improvements,
– constructing a nonmotorized path from Turrill Road to Tower Street,
– replacing the M-24 culvert over Farmers Creek, and
– installing a new lighted pedestrian tunnel.
All side street approaches within the project limits will be included in the reconstruction.
Access to all businesses will be maintained for the duration of this project.
– M-24 will be reconstructed from Demille Road to Nepessing Street, with one lane closed in each direction and all traffic shifted to the northbound lanes.
– The Farmers Creek bridge will be replaced, with traffic detoured from July 8 to Aug. 23, and
– Left turns will be prohibited, except at traffic signals.
The overall project includes reconstructing 2 miles of M-24 from south of I-69 to Nepessing Street. M-24 was reconstructed from I-69 to Demille Road in 2014.