Here are six safety tips on enjoying this Independence Day’s fireworks from the Michigan State Police.
- Read and follow all warning and instructions.
- Never allow children to play with fireworks of any kind.
- Wear protective clothing, including eye wear.
- Only light devices on smooth, flat surfaces away from residential areas, dry leaves and flammable materials.
- Always keep a hose or bucket of water nearby in case of malfunction.
- Never try to re-light fireworks that have not fully functioned.